What We Do
At the core of the CyberPeace Institute’s efforts is the recognition that cyberspace is about people. Through our analysis and global engagement, we contribute to achieving cyberpeace as follows:
- We focus on the rights of people and assess the impact of cyberattacks from a human perspective.
- We analyze cyberattacks and ground our analysis on evidence and the impact on human well-being.
- We endeavour to tell the story of people, link it with the technical reality of cyberattacks, and assess it against the violation of laws.
- We advocate for an evidence based and human centric approach to the analysis of cyberattacks as this is essential to the process of redress, repair and/or justice for victims.
- We engage with vulnerable communities to understand their needs for cybersecurity support.
- We tell the stories of those who have entrusted us to assist and support them.
- We partner with a broad range of partners to provide free and trusted cybersecurity to vulnerable communities.
We assist non governmental organizations (NGOs) protecting vulnerable communities to prepare for and recover from cyberattacks. We mobilize supporters and volunteers and amplify the impact of existing assistance efforts in cyberspace.
We perform, facilitate, and coordinate collective analysis, research, and investigations of cyberattacks targeting vulnerable communities. We analyze cyberattacks, including through forensic investigation, to hold malicious actors accountable.
We remind state and non-state actors of the international law and norms governing responsible behaviour in cyberspace, and advance the rule of law to reduce harm and ensure the respect of the rights of people.
We forecast and investigate opportunities, risks and threats to people associated with emerging and disruptive technologies, and analyse emerging global cyber challenges.
Our Calls for Action
Healthcare is under attack. Daily. During one of the worst pandemics in history, cyberattacks are a direct threat to human life. Our Call to Action invited governments to stop cyber operations against medical facilities and protect healthcare.
Healthcare needs support. We partner with qualified and reputable companies to provide free and trusted cybersecurity assistance to help healthcare professionals fighting COVID-19. Is your organization in need of help?
Healthcare needs a voice. Although attacks are multiplying, their real-life impact is too often ignored. We are calling on anyone who has experienced first-hand consequences of such attacks to share their stories.
It takes a coalition to protect a network. We regularly convene CyberPeace Labs to bring together leading cyber experts, field practitioners and those impacted by cyberattacks to exchange ideas and foster partnerships.
The Stop Infodemic Campaign
Disinformation, fake news and infodemics undermine democracy and accelerate cyberattacks. We launched the Stop Infodemic campaign to promote responsible behavior in cyberspace.
What does peace mean to you? How do you imagine peace in cyberspace? We all have a role to play in promoting human security, dignity and equity in cyberspace. We all have a role in achieving cyberpeace.
Together We Are Powerful
When cyberattacks take place, people suffer. The asymmetry between the capacity of attackers and that of their victims leaves populations vulnerable, often without the ability to fully recover. We work with the private sector, civil society, academia, and other organizations to address complex challenges on a global scale.