- This event has passed.
Digital Transformation – Risks and Opportunities for a Holistic Approach to Sustainable Finance
Digitization of financial services is rapidly helping to bring about equal and sustainable opportunities by providing innovative digital solutions that enable SDG financing. While exploring opportunities and risks associated with digitalization as a tool for a holistic, integrated and human-centric approach to sustainable investments, the workshop will be composed of a number of breakout groups tackling different aspects of this theme such as: cybersecurity, blockchain technologies, digital match-making platforms and gender equality through financial inclusion.
This workshop is hosted by the CyberPeace Institute in collaboration with the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD), SDG Lab at UN Geneva, UN Women and UN Institute for Training & Research (UNITAR).
- Welcome by SDG Lab Director
- Keynote Speech on the potential of digital transformation of financial systems for the SDGs
– David Jensen, UNEP Digital Transformation Platform
- Discussion in breakout groups:
– Cyber security and safeguarding financial inclusion against growing cyber threats
– Gender Equality through digital financial inclusion
– Disrupting financial systems through blockchain technologies
- – Digital match-making platforms to optimize collective efforts towards sustainable finance
- In Plenum Discussion on working-groups outcomes
- Closing remarks and next steps