- This event has passed.
Digital Risk Management E-Learning Platform for Mediators
The world is currently undergoing a massive digital transformation. Our growing connectivity and dependence on digital technologies will continue to expand in the coming years, bringing radical changes to how we do things, including how we mediate in conflict settings. The Covid-19 pandemic has further accelerated mediators’ use of virtual platforms, digital devices and tools to communicate and engage with conflict parties. Therefore, mediation experts need to understand the risks associated with digital technologies, how they impact our work and the actors we engage with.
This virtual event is hosted in collaboration with CMI – Martti Ahtisaari Peace Foundation and the United Nations Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs (DPPA) Mediation Support Unit.
During the virtual event, a panel of mediation and cybersecurity experts will discuss how the ever-increasing uptake of digital technologies in conflict environments, while affording important opportunities, have also added new risks to traditional mediation. Subsequently, CMI – Martti Ahtisaari Peace Foundation, CyberPeace Institute and UN DPPA’s Mediation Support Unit will launch the Digital Risk Management E-Learning Platform for Mediators, developed to raise awareness of the digital risks that mediation practitioners encounter and build the capacity needed to mitigate and manage them.
- Stéphane Duguin, Chief Executive Officer, CyberPeace Institute
- Janne Taalas, Chief Executive Officer at CMI — Martti Ahtisaari Peace Foundation
- Teresa Whitfield, Director of the Policy and Mediation Division at the UN DPPA
- Juanita Millan Hernandez, Member of the UN Standby Team of Senior Mediation Advisers
- Camino Kavanagh, Senior Digital Advisor of the Policy and Mediation Division at the UN DPPA
Please submit your registration online before 02 February 2022.