Digital Communication Officer
The CyberPeace Institute
We are an independent non-profit organization headquartered in Geneva that works to enhance the stability of cyberspace. We seek to decrease the frequency, impact, and scale of destructive cyber-attacks against civilians by sophisticated actors. We deliver and accelerate assistance at scale to the victims of cyberattacks. We analyze attacks and reveal their impacts on human lives and how they violate the rule of law. We expose gaps in accountability and provide information on the obligations of all actors, including state and non-state entities. We tell the powerful stories of those who have no voice. We mobilize supporters and volunteers around the world to campaign for peace in cyberspace
Like you, we are citizens who seek peace and justice in cyberspace. Funded and supported by those who share our vision, we are independent of any political ideology, economic interest or religion. No one – individuals, industries or state actors – is beyond scrutiny. We are a driving force for accountability in cyberspace, for everyone, everywhere.
Digital Communication Officer – Job Description
The successful candidate will support the effort in building powerful narratives to raise awareness around victims of cyberattacks as well as CyberPeace Institute’s effort to make cyberspace peaceful. The successful candidate should be social and digital media savvy, at ease with content creation in the cyber sphere.
This is a tremendous hands-on opportunity for the successful candidate to make a dent in cyberspace, to both shed light on the many obstacles to cyberpeace and actively protect the most vulnerable. If you wish to work in a demanding yet challenging and rewarding environment, surrounded by a diverse team of experts across all disciplines, we are excited to receive your application.
Under the leadership of Chief Communication Officer, as the CyberPeace Institute Communications Officer, your daily work will be to:
- Translate business objectives into social and content strategies, and actionable initiatives to deliver impact;
- Expand the audience of cyber narratives beyond cyber security experts, as well as create innovative storylines to explain the complexity of cyber to mainstream audiences;
- Tell stories of victims of cyberattacks, impact of these attacks and lessons learned;
- Demonstrate interlinkages with other sectors, initiatives and trends (like urbanization, gender, inclusion as well as agriculture, water, energy and financial sectors, etc.)
- Manage and coordinate social and digital channels and accounts (i.e Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Website); and launch Institute presence on additional platforms;
- Manage the website, as well as maintain content management system and editorial calendar to ensure timely updates;
- Build and manage social media partnerships to cross-promote content, build joint digital campaigns, and participate in special events;
- Find engagement opportunities with sector influencers to expand the digital outreach;
- Develop metrics to track a social and digital performance, grow audience;
- Create and curate a range of content for social media and the website, including videos, photos, gifs, animations etc.; draft and design online newsletters, presentations and other promotional materials to promote business goals and report on results;
- Design campaigns for increased cyber hygiene, using various media, including gaming;
- Engage with journalists writing on cyber security/peace/resilience as well as with the swiss media ecosystem;
- Work with technical experts to produce opinions, and op-eds to be published in media.
Experience, skills and attributes
As a Communications expert, you have the following track record
- 5+ years of hands on experience in storytelling and/or digital communication in one or several “cyber” problematics (i.e cybersecurity, cyberpeace, cybercrime, cyber operations, infodemics, online disinformation, cyber diplomacy)
- A degree in communications, digital marketing or related field.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, especially in English and French;
- Ability to build compelling stories and derive them in various format (i.e. speeches, videos, games, comics), with exceptional attention to detail;
- Proficient and enthusiastic about digital media, and a proficient user of multiple platforms either professionally or personally (including analytics);
- Experience in developing and coordinating digital marketing campaigns (ideally with experience in A/B testing in the context of digital ads and web analytics)
- Capacity to coordinate multiple communication projects simultaneously whilst dealing with ambiguity, adversity, change, and real-time adjustments;
- Ability to work effectively and gain respect of diverse groups, including content and business owners, and event production teams;
- Appetite to work in a fast-paced environment, with strong planning skills and commitment to excellence;
- Lateral thinker, capable of listening to other people’s points of view and integrating multiple internal and external perspectives;
- Has a strong team spirit and enjoys collaborating with people from different fields and backgrounds;
- Dedicated to putting the interest of vulnerable populations at the centre of their work.
The working language of the Institute is English. Perfect fluency in this language is required, with an excellent knowledge of cybersecurity jargon. Showing similar command in French is mandatory to the post.
The CyberPeace Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Type of role: Open ended
- Working rate: 100%
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Location: Geneva (GVA), with remote working possibilities
- Team size: 4 Full Time Employees
- a CV (2 pages max), in a pdf format.
- a cover letter (on page max) describing your motivation, in a pdf format.
- a portfolio (pdf) detailing communication products from past employment or volunteering.
Deadline for application is May 24, 2021 at 23:59 CET
Follow this link for the application: https://www.cognitoforms.com/CyberPeaceInstitute/EmploymentApplicationDigitalCommunicationOfficer
Incomplete applications or those submitted after the deadline will not be considered.