The CyberPeace Institute
The CyberPeace Institute is an independent non-profit organization headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, that works to enhance the stability of cyberspace. It seeks to decrease the frequency, impact, and scale of destructive cyber-attacks against civilians by sophisticated actors and to promote transparency about such attacks to hold such actors to account for the harms they cause.
Community Builder – Job Description
We are looking for a Community Builder who will join the CyberPeace Institute and support its effort in assisting civil society organizations based in Geneva. The ideal candidate is passionate about cybersecurity and has demonstrated knowledge of the Geneva-based civil society environment. This is a tremendous opportunity to build trusted relationships with civil society actors, offer them support against cyberattacks and promote peace in cyberspace.
We are looking for committed and altruist individuals with strong humanitarian values who wish to put their skills and knowledge at the service of the greater good. If you want to support the most vulnerable and if you wish to work in a demanding yet challenging and rewarding environment, we look forward to receiving your application.
The Community Builder will:
● Use innovative ways to develop and nurture trusted relationships with civil society organizations based in the Geneva region;
● Organise and participate to events to increase the visibility of the CyberPeace Institute activities among civil society organizations notably but not only in the Geneva region;
● Gather cybersecurity needs of Geneva-based civil society organisations;
● Support the delivery of pre-incident cybersecurity assistance, such as risk assessments, cybersecurity awareness training and other activities, provided by the CyberPeace Institute staff and volunteers.
Experience, skills and attributes
This position requires a combination of good knowledge of Geneva-based civil society organizations, cybersecurity, as well as community building. As such, it requires:
● At least 1 year of academic or professional experience in cybersecurity;
● A demonstrated knowledge of the Geneva-based civil society environment;
● Strong oral and written communication skills both in English and French;
● The ability to travel easily in the Geneva region, sanitary restrictions permitting;
● Proactive attitude;
● Team spirit.
The working language of the Institute is English. A strong command of this language is required (native or C2 equivalent). A strong command of French is also required (native or C2 equivalent).
The CyberPeace Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
The Work Environment
The CyberPeace Institute offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
● Competitive compensation and benefits;
● Flex-time and tele-working possibilities;
● Dynamic working atmosphere;
● Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions;
● Laptop and phone.
● Duration: 6 months
● Working rate: 20%
● Starting date: As soon as possible
● Location: Geneva (GVA)
Please submit your application via the form at https://www.cognitoforms.com/CyberPeaceInstitute/EmploymentApplicationCommunityBuilder
- A CV (2 pages max), in a pdf format
- A cover letter (on page max) describing your motivation, in a pdf format
- Please ensure to Reference Community Builder in the position you are applying for
Deadline for application is 26 May 2021 at 23:59 CET
Incomplete Applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered. Please note that we will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.