The CyberPeace Institute is an independent and neutral non governmental organization whose mission is to ensure the rights of people to security, dignity and equity in cyberspace. The Institute works in close collaboration with relevant partners to reduce the harms from cyberattacks on people’s lives worldwide, and provide assistance. By analyzing cyberattacks, the Institute exposes their societal impact, how international laws and norms are being violated, and advances responsible behaviour to enforce cyberpeace.
We are seeking a hands-on Website Coordinator to join the Communications team. This is a tremendous opportunity for the successful candidate to contribute to the Institute’s mission to both shed light on the many obstacles to cyberpeace and actively protect the most vulnerable. If you wish to work in a demanding yet challenging and rewarding environment, surrounded by a diverse team of experts across all disciplines, we are excited to receive your application.
The successful candidate will be the main focal point for and coordinate the CyberPeace Institute’s Institutional website and associated microsites, as well as to develop and implement the web strategy for increased awareness and engagement. The Website Coordinator will work with other members of the Communications team to ensure engaging, timely web content and design, and coordinate the evolution of the CyberPeace Institute website.
The successful candidate should be social and digital media savvy and at ease with content creation in the cyber sphere.
Under the leadership of the Chief Communications Officer, the main responsibilities of the Website Coordinator will be to:
- User experience: ensure that the content of the Institute website is well-structured and easy to find and that it meets the needs of visitors to the site is up to date and accurate;
- Web strategy and coordination: ensure a strategic overview of the website and microsites, and manage the updates to the site; ensure new content schedules and audits, and work with the other members of the Communication team to create and commission new content;
- Website functionalities: leverage the Institute’s content management system (CMS) and coordinate and engage with the Institute’s ICT team to ensure website functionalities and upgrades acting as their main focal point, ensure domain registration and hosting are current;
- Analytics: configure and then optimize SEO referencing of the Institute’s web presence. Enhance use of website and social media analytics, organise user testing and market research to ensure that the website’s content is relevant for the audience. Support the Digital Marketing Officer to develop and run ad campaigns supporting the overall Institute needs;
- Content production and design: develop and implement policies relating to the web content style and support staff in writing and producing content for the web; engage with the Communication team on design, content production, visual identity and marketing; develop and stay knowledgeable about the website’s subject area.
As the Website Coordinator, you have the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 2-4 years experience in website development and coordination
- Proficiency and experience in web design software, website design practices and social media strategies
- Experience in SEO and social media ads, PPC, Google Ads, Content Management Systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Team-oriented, pragmatic, hands-on, can-do attitude
- Language of work is English, French language an asset
The CyberPeace Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
The Work Environment
The CyberPeace Institute offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Competitive compensation and benefits;
- Flex-time and tele-working possibilities;
- Dynamic working atmosphere;
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions.
- Duration: 12 months
- Working rate: 80%
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Location: Geneva (GVA), with remote working possibilities
- Team size: 5-6 full time employees
Please submit your application via the form at : https://cpi.link/WebsiteCoordinator
- a CV (2 pages max), in a pdf format.
- a cover letter (on page max) describing your motivation, in a pdf format.
Deadline for application is 30 September 2021 at 23:59 CET
Incomplete Applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please note that we will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.
More details about the CyberPeace Institute
The CyberPeace Institute tackles cyberattacks through a holistic approach based on our four pillars:
1) Assistance: bring cybersecurity support to NGO’s that provide essential services to people around the world.
2) Analysis: research and analyse cyberattacks, in collaboration with other actors, to understand and report on their impact on people, to enhance public knowledge and transparency about violations of international laws and norms and to strengthen accountability in cyberspace.
3) Advancement: monitor, raise awareness and advocate for the respect and development of international law and norms governing behaviour in cyberspace, and for responsible conduct by state and non-state actors to reduce harm and ensure respect of the rights of people in cyberspace.
4) Foresight: forecast and investigate opportunities, risks and threats to people associated with emerging and disruptive technologies, and analyse global cyber challenges.