The CyberPeace Institute is an independent and neutral non governmental organization who works to enhance the stability of cyberspace by decreasing the frequency, impact, and scale of destructive cyberattacks. The Institute works in close collaboration with relevant partners to reduce the harms from cyberattacks on people’s lives worldwide, and provide them assistance. By analyzing cyberattacks, the Institute exposes their societal impact, how international laws and norms are being violated, and advances responsible behavior to enforce cyberpeace.
In close cooperation with the Institute’s Senior Cyber Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and Software engineers, the Junior Cyber Threat Analyst will be responsible for undertaking analytical work of complex heterogeneous big data sets (i.e. live compromise indicators, OSINT, forensic extraction) and delivering analytical reports. Whilst upholding the highest data protection standards, the jobholder will ensure that the CyberPeace Institute’s analytical environment stays innovative and relevant amidst the rapid evolution of cyber operations.
Under the leadership of the Head of Analysis, the Junior Cyber Threat Analyst will work with a range of in-house experts ;
● Maintain knowledge on the threat landscape relating to the Institute’s vulnerable communities (e.g. healthcare organizations, NGOs, civilians and organizations in conflict zones and civil society), including Threat Actors, geopolitical intersections, malware variants and vulnerabilities that are exploited
● Monitor various sources to identify potential threats to and risks facing the Institute’s vulnerable communities
● Use cybersecurity and threat intelligence tools and methodologies to complete research and analysis tasks
● Contribute to the building and maintaining of the Institute’s intelligence platform and the identification of new data sources for investigations and to better protect the Institute’s beneficiaries● Conduct data collection / identification of sources for the Institute’s Cyber Incident Tracers
● Under the guidance of the Senior Cyber Data Analyst, investigate threats and incidents
● Create and deliver various intelligence products of an operational, tactical and strategic level
● Work closely with other Analysts, Data Scientists and other teams in order to provide relevant and actionable products
● Collaborate and share intelligence with community groups such as ISACs and FIRST Members
● Produce data-driven analytical products to inform beneficiaries of the CyberPeace Builders and other vulnerable communities (e.g. healthcare organizations, NGOs, civilians in conflict zones and civil society members)
● Conduct investigations with the support of a Senior Cyber Data Analyst
● Contribute to the expression of business requirements for tools to be developed for the Institute’s beneficiaries whilst working closely with Data Scientists and Developers
Your Experience, Skills, and Attributes
● A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and at least 2 years of experience in a cybersecurity role, including cyber threat analysis, incident response, security operations, cyber investigations, malware analysis or network forensics is required
● Knowledge of the Intelligence lifecycle is required
● Experience conducting OSINT research and investigations, including on the DarkNet, is required
● Knowledge of the current threat landscape including the latest tactics, tools, and procedures, common malware variants, and effective techniques for detecting malicious activity is required
● Knowledge of the Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond model and the MITRE ATT&CK framework is preferred
● Knowledge of geopolitics and its intersection with the cyber threat landscape would be an advantage
● Familiarity with graphical link analysis tools (Maltego, Siren, GraphXR) is preferred
● Familiarity with Threat Intelligence Platforms such as MISP and OpenCTI is preferred
● Fluency in English is required (written and oral). Additional languages would be an advantage
The working language of the Institute is English. An excellent command of this language, including related to law and cybersecurity, is required. Showing strong command in other languages will be considered an asset.
● Working rate: 100%
● Type of contract: fixed-term or permanent contract
● Starting date: as soon as possible
● Location: Geneva, Switzerland (for eligible work permit holders/applicants only), or remote working
● Contract and salary: local contract and salary level according to your country of residence
The CyberPeace Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
● Please submit your application to [email protected]
● Please provide the following:
➢ A CV(2 pages max),in a PDF format
➢ A 1-2 page cover letter describing your motivation, in a PDF format
➢ Indicate your salary expectations according to your local job market and in your local currency
➢ Indicate“Junior Cyber Threat Analyst”as email’s subject line
➢ Deadline for application is 31 October 2022
Please read carefully:
We will only consider applications that comply with all the required enclosures, salary information and deadline submission. As much as we would like to respond to all applicants, we can only guarantee responding to candidates selected for the interview process. Thank you for your understanding.
We look forward to receiving your application and thank you for
your interest in CyberPeace Institute.