The CyberPeace Institute is a Geneva based organization protecting the most vulnerable in cyberspace. Independent and neutral, the Institute investigates and analyzes the human impact of systemic cyber threats, delivers free cybersecurity assistance, tracks the enforcement of international laws and norms and forecasts threats to Cyberpeace.
Our mission includes supporting cybersecurity volunteers and nonprofits through an open- source web platform called Mattermost, facilitating their cooperation and maximizing their impact.
We are looking for a highly motivated Full-Stack Developer to join the CyberPeace Institute’s IT Team, developing web products to increase cyber resilience and accelerating the resilience of nonprofits to cyberattacks. Your primary responsibility will be to work on the CyberPeace Builders platform.
Under the leadership of the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), you will be responsible for the following:
- Develop a custom infrastructure for the CyberPeace Builders platform, including a new database.
- Integrate with third-party tools such as Mattermost, Hubspot, LookerStudio, WordPress, and specialized cybersecurity tools to streamline workflows and enhance functionality.
- Improve the user interface of the CyberPeace Builders platform for volunteers and nonprofits.
- Implement a gamification strategy to drive engagement.
- Cooperate with graphic designers to match visual design intent.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient and documented code by using best software development practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases.
- Implement A/B testing.
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Work closely with the IT team, most notably with another full-stack developer, but also a software engineer, a data scientist, an infrastructure/infosec manager, digital forensic investigators, cyber data analysts and interns, to ensure seamless integration of the developed features.
- Collaborate daily with the dedicated CyberPeace Builders team, which includes a product manager, community manager, program manager, NGO specialists, and the COO of the CyberPeace Institute.
Your Experience, Skills and Attributes
• Computer Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Docker / Kubernetes / Rancher / Cloud platforms (GCP/Exoscale) / WordPress
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to non-technical colleagues
- Good command of the English language
Additional Skills (optional, but desirable):
- Experience with Mattermost, Hubspot, LookerStudio
- Familiarity with GitLab pipelines and other relevant development tools
- Knowledge of gamification principles and strategies
- Knowledge in authentication including Single Sign-On
- Knowledge in agile software development
- Experience in cyber security
Please note that a candidate is not expected to possess all the skills listed above. Once selected, we will adapt the work and projects according to the candidate’s interests and willingness to learn.
- Duration: indefinite
- Working rate: negotiable, ideally 32h per week Mondays to Thursdays
- Starting date: October onwards
- Location: remote (EMEA)
- Salary: according to your local job market
- Deadline for your application: 30 Sept. 2023
The CyberPeace Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Please submit your application here.
- Please provide the following:
- A CV (2 pages max), in a pdf format
- A cover letter (one page max) describing your motivation, in a pdf format
- In our online recruitment platform: please indicate your work location and annual local salary expectations (in local currency)
Please read carefully:
We will only consider applications that comply with all the required enclosures, information and deadline submission. As much as we would like to respond to all applicants, we can only guarantee responding to candidates selected for the interview process. The selection process will commence at the end of the deadline submission. Thank you for your understanding.
We look forward to receiving your application and Thank you for your interest in the CyberPeace Institute.