Executive Assistant Full Time
We are looking for an Executive Assistant to join the CyberPeace Institute. As a member of the Governance unit of the Institute, the Executive Assistant contributes to the effective management and smooth functioning of the institute, directly supporting the Institute’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO). She/he is overseeing work processes and providing support and guidance to the Institute executive staff members.
Beyond the daily support to the Chief Executive Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Institute’s strategic goals and objectives. She/he will ensure synergies between the Assistance, Accountability and Advancement units. She/he will inform the implementation of the Institute’s strategy, governance and outreach. She/he will also oversee the information flow related to budget implementation, staff management, performance management, and reporting.
The successful candidate will interact with externals on a daily basis, demonstrating subtle stakeholder management and a high sense of diplomacy.
We are looking for candidates who wish to put their skills and knowledge at the service of the greater good. We are looking for committed and altruist individuals,with strong humanitarian values. If you want to support the most vulnerable, and if you wish to work in a demanding but yet challenging and rewarding environment, we are very excited of considering your application.
Under the leadership of the Chief Executive Officer, the Executive Assistant will:
- Provide daily support to the Chief Executive Officer (administration, travel arrangement, agenda, financial expenses and reporting);
- Facilitating other travel arrangements for executives.
Office and Information management
- Manage common mailboxes and monitor tasks/calendar/deadlines;
- Answering phones, routing calls, greeting visitors;
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports;
- Researching and conducting data to prepare documents for review and presentation by boards of directors, committees, and executives;
- Oversee the attribution of office space and office furnishings, and ensure the management of office equipment and supply stock;
- Develop a standard briefing on the Institute’s activities as well as a “welcome package” for newly arrived team members;
- Provide general administrative support.
Planning and Reporting
- Support the implementation of the CyberPeace Institute’s strategy, governance and outreach;
- Support the Planning and Monitoring activities, preparing the Institute’s budget and staffing matrix and tracking their implementation throughout the year;
- Helping prepare for and accurately recording minutes from meetings;
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software;
- Promote the vision, the mission and the values of the Institute.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND ATTRIBUTES
The post-holder is a highly organized person who is able to effectively multi-task, juggle conflicting priorities, work independently, anticipate the team’s needs, and liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders. She/he communicates effectively and projects a positive image of the Institute. The post-holder must be comfortable in adapting to new equipment, processes and approaches and capable of ensuring rapid access to essential information and compliance with information management requirements.
The ideal candidate must have:
- At least 3 years of proven experience of delivering support at executive or senior level, preferably in a multicultural environment;
- Experience to deliver support in person or remotely (virtual assistant);
- Experience in working in a highly dynamic and changing environment, with a fast growth in staff and deliveries;
- Capacity to manage multiple communication projects simultaneously whilst dealing with ambiguity, adversity, change, and real-time adjustments;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment;
- Proactivity to problem-solving, by being solution-oriented;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in French and English;
- Keen ability to understand complex business strategies, from tactical to diplomatic level;
- Experience of handling confidential of sensitive information
- Very good understanding of IT security best practices;
- Proficient and enthusiastic about the Internet, and social media particularly, and a user of multiple platforms either professionally or personally;
- Strong ability to engage and gain respect of diverse groups, including executives, content and business owners, and external stakeholders;
- Lateral thinking skills, capable of listening to other people’s points of view, and understanding and integrating multiple internal and external perspectives;
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite;
- Strong team spirit and enjoys diverse teams composed of people from different fields and backgrounds.
- Very good understanding on the exponential nature of technological convergence, especially in the field of cybersecurity and cyberwarfare.
The working language of the Institute is English. Working proficiency in this language is required, with preferably a good understanding of the cybersecurity jargon. Showing similar command in other languages will be considered an asset, especially in French.
The CyberPeace Institute is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
The Work Environment
The CyberPeace Institute offers a competitive, modern, and flexible working arrangement:
- Geneva-based organization
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Flex-time and tele-working possibilities
- Dynamic working atmosphere
- Open culture encouraging interaction and sharing of ideas and opinions
- Sustainable commuting incentives
Please note that we will only respond to candidates selected for the interview process.
- Type of role: Fixed Term (CDD), 12 months, renewable
- Working rate: 100%
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Location: Geneva (GVA)
Please submit your application via the form at
- a CV (2 pages max), in a pdf format.
- a cover letter (one page max) describing your motivation, in a pdf format.
Please ensure to Reference Executive Assistant in the position you are applying for.
Deadline for application is March 06th at 17:00 CET
Incomplete Applications or those received after the deadline will not be considered.